To those who have lent a helping hand, contributed personal time, or donated to the effort to restore the Beecher Mausoleum, we are grateful.
We appreciate that you believe the mausoleum, our Will County Historic Preservation, is worth saving, and we’re thankful for all who have joined the cause or have been a guiding light in this mission.
We especially want to thank the following:
Bonnie McDonald – President
Lisa DiChiera – Director of Advocacy
Jack Tribbia – Member of the Board
Jack Tribbia, President of the Restoration Division;
Dan Nyblom, Vice President & Project Manager; Tom Benedict, Jobsite Superintendent; Paul McGhee, Bricklayer and Alejandro Banda, Tuck Pointer.
Bricklayers & Allied Craftsmen Local 21
Jim Allen, President
Bricklayers : Ed Tiedt, Hector Arellano, Andy Kwiechien
Tuckpointers : Tim Rossborough, Mike Alore, Jim Fialkowski, Greg Posch, Jack Probola
United Brotherhood of Carpenters Local 434
Bob Howard, Adam Howard, Ryan Franczyk
Donation of roofing material
Tom Van Etten
Donation of cut limestone & Scuppers
John Mc Farland
Donated use of sky lifts
Civil War Re-enactors
Brian Conroy & Jill Silbert
Linda Goedtke, Carolyn Short, Dean Bettenhausen &
Waltz Foods, Lisa Campbell, Christine Geisler,
Tom Vandemerkt, Carol Heinrichs
Dave Lagesse, Fire Dept.
Paul Kapp, Associate Professor of Architecture
ARCH 518 : Recording Historic Buildings, 2014 Class:
Dana Burgess, Nancy A. Edwards, David Fleming, Catherine Ferrari, Greg Morse, Muhammad Taimur and Kelly Valin
Steve & Reed Renfrow 815-258-9848
Maintained our landscaping & lawn in 2014 – 2020
- Beecher Herald: for recording past events and in publicizing them in the present and future
- Beecher Community Library: for allowing use of photographs in the Beecher Quasquicentennial Book;
- Beecher Community Historical Society and Washington Township Museum: for assisting in research and historical input;
- Will County Land Use Department and Will County Historic Preservation Commission: for designation of landmark status;
- Matt Hucke, Find-A-Grave; for current photos.
Jim Arnold, Arnold’s Tree Service: for the removal of mountains of landscaping debris and grinding out the old tree and bushes stumps
- Tom Benedict – jobsite superintendent for Berglund who donated additional labor to make sure all restoration work was expertly completed
- Paul Wiechen for sponsoring our lawn service 2014-2015
- Lisa Campbell – Board Member
- Carol Heinrichs – Writing, editing of website & press releases
- Christine Geisler – Artwork, posters and helping when ever called
- Officer Andy LeRoy – Beecher Police Dept. for keeping a watchful eye out during restoration efforts
- Howard Paul, Author: Refections of our Small Town. Russell Publications, 1995
- Douglas Keister, Author: A Brief History of the Community Mausoleum
- Carol Triebold and Phyllis Monk for allowing us to use photos taken from their book “Crete Remembered” in referance to the Horn and Rohe Families
- Kurt West Garner – Consultant for helping us with our “Ten Most Endangered” and National Register Applications
- Jim’s Trees – for our beautiful arborvitae emerald green evergreens
- Don Sala – 2018 new Board Member
430 W. Wegner Road
Lakemoore, IL 60051
For generously supplying us with cleaning and polishing supplies and advise, in addition to donating some of the much needed marble pieces from his businesses inventory that match our marble and cutting and polishing the new marble we need at cost to the mausoleum project. In addition to helping us get 4 slabs of marble at cost also.
Thank you Dave Hammerl
Special Thanks to KRT Concrete, Grant Park, IL for donating all the material and labor needed to restore our front stoop and sidewalk. In the spring of 2020 after receiving several bids, The Beecher mausoleum board choose KRT Concrete to preform the work needed for our sidewalk.
After talking with Karl & Gail Hipke and telling them the historic story of the mausoleum Karl came back to me and said he had made arrangements for the entire project to be donated. Karl and his sons and grandsons preformed the work. They additional decided a stamped sidewalk would look the best and we agreed. It look wonderful.
Stark Service Inc. donated the ready mix and Carroll Construction Supply donated the concrete coloring and sealant.
OUR HEARTS GO OUT TO ALL OF YOU THAT HAVE HELPED US AND WITH OUR DEEPEST GRADITUDE AND THANKS
A special thanks must be given to the members of the Beecher Mausoleum Association Board, without whose support this project would not have been possible. Its members include: Association President Sandra Thielman, Former President of the Village of Beecher Paul Lohmann (now passed), Will County Board Member Bob Howard, John Dean (now passed) of Hack Funeral Home , Lisa Campbell, Ben Juzesyn and Architect Donald Bahlman, Dave Hammerl.
Also, thanks to the many others who have attended meetings, donated to the mausoleum restoration effort and helped in so many other ways.
Read more about our 2014 Restoration
Read more about our 2015 Restoration
Read more about our 2020 Restoration